IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR CLAIM.MD ACCOUNT
Dear Claim.MD Provider,
For the past several months you have been seeing system messages about the “new version” of Claim.MD when logging into your existing account. If you are still seeing that message, now is the time to take action to assure 5010 compliance. When we convert your Claim.MD account to our latest version, you will automatically have full support for ANSI-5010 in your electronic claim cycle. We handle every detail of this conversion, and your most recent year of claim data is converted to the new system in the process.
If you have not yet migrated to the new version of Claim.MD, you must complete this conversion before 12/31 in order to be compliant with the CMS requirements effective January 1, 2012. But besides the “mandatory” parts to this conversion, there are many new features that take the sting out of “having” to drudge through another software conversion! Everything you are used to in our “Classic” version are there after you upgrade, and the following new features have been in development for over two years.
- Free Eligibility for over 500 payers - When you request an electronic eligibility through Claim.MD, we keep it on file for paperless access and storage. No longer do you have to call payers for eligibility, or maintain separate logins for multiple payer websites … you can do all of your eligibility verification from a single place. Also, there is single-click access to updated eligibility for existing patients.
BREAKING NEWS -- FREE MEDICARE ELIGIBILITY!!
- Electronic Remittance Advices - Claim.MD has very special new features to help you manage electronic remittances. You can search, download, view or print them by check or by claim, so you will never again need a marker to blank out other patients when copying an EOB with multiple patients! When you review a claim, the electronic remittance is stored in the claim history for one-click access to every part of the transaction for the most efficient follow-up.
- Manage Claims - Your current version of Claim.MD has claims that are either Valid or Invalid. The new Claim.MD has a visual interface with a graph and a simple list of claims that need your attention, sorted by the importance of impact to your cash flow. Claims can be pending transmit … rejected and needing corrections … or simply have a response or a remittance that appears to be “late” in arriving from the payer. When you see it, you will never look back to claims just being Valid or Invalid!
- Response Alerts - This new feature can make the single biggest difference in your revenue collection cycle. Previously, claim payment issues would show up 30-45 days later in your Accounts Receivable. Claim.MD’s Response Alerts tell you about issues *BEFORE* they show up in your A/R Aging Report! Claim.MD alerts you to any Payer Responses or ERA’s that are missing or late in Manage Claims.
- Expanded Claim History and Automated Appeals - The “Print” icon in our new system does much more than just print a copy of the claim, for appeals and timely filing requests. It shows the entire history of the claim (instead of just the current time it was transmitted), along with every message and change that was made to the claim along the way. It is a complete and printable audit trail that even includes the ERA for the payment, and a standard Appeal Letter that you can edit before printing.
- Simple Electronic Secondary Claims - If your billing system creates ANSI claim files, your secondary claims can go electronically without any special handling at all. You can also do electronic secondary claims by entering payment and adjustment data to primary claims that have already been sent through Claim.MD. Either way, the system handles it for you and walks you through every step of the process.
- Automated Provider Enrollment - Provider Enrollments can be a total nightmare, and the complexity is one of the reasons providers don’t do more electronic transactions (like eligibility and remittances). This is compounded when managing multiple payers and multiple providers! Claim.MD now manages the enrollment process for you. Some payers allow “Quick Enrollments” for one-click eligibility access. ERA setup forms are online with standard information pre-filled (and required fields highlighted for you to complete). Complete instructions are concise and simple, and we keep a copy of all forms on file for you.
- Multiple User ID’s and Custom Claim Groups - Previously your Claim.MD account had a single User ID and password. Our new system is designed for each of your employees to have an individual User ID, with the ability to grant or restrict capabilities for each staff member. For instance, front desk can check eligibility, billers can upload and correct claims, but only the account manager can delete claims. If you have multiple billers, Custom Claim Groups let each one see specific a specific group of claims. This new ability allows for complete accountability and custom privacy controls.
Subscription and support pricing:Effective October 1, 2011 all existing Claim.MD Maintenance and Support Renewals will transition to our new Monthly Subscription and Support pricing of $99.95 per month. You may still request an annual billing invoice (12 months @ $99.95 per month), or you may pay online monthly within your Claim.MD account.
To convert your Claim.MD account, please contact Jerry in our Sales department (505-757-6060 x150). He will invite you to a gotomeeting webinar for a short 20 minute demo of the new Claim.MD. You may share this invitation with other staff members in your office, as well as off-site support personnel. All of the features you depend on in Claim.MD exist in the new system, as well as many more. By viewing the demo, you will know what to expect once your account is converted to the new system.
I would like to personally thank our many providers who have been with Claim.MD for many years. Your transition to our new version is the gateway to future years of the trust and success we share with our providers!